TURNING POINTS: LEARN HOW GREAT LAYWERS WIN AT DEPOSITIONS, TRIALS, AND APPELLATE ORAL ARGUMENT (7 hrs.)
Based on my latest textbook, Turning Points at Trial, this course examines the techniques and strategies used by the greatest lawyers at depositions, trials, and appellate oral arguments.
1. Taking the Adverse Witness Deposition (1.5 hrs.)
Analyze videos and transcripts of actual depositions to learn basic and advanced techniques to get the information you need to win your case.
2. The Secrets to Persuasion in the Courtroom (1 hr.)
Learn the principles to develop an answer to the question: Why should you win? Then, learn to speak persuasively from the greatest trial lawyers.
3. Opening Statement: The forgotten Weapon (1 hr.)
Examine two of the most important opening statements given in the past 15 years. Learn why the conventional wisdom to save your best ammunition for closing argument is completely wrong.
4. Direct Examinations that Captivate the Jury (1 hr.)
This is the part of trial that most lawyers fail every time. Ironically, lawyers are over-confident and under prepared for this moment. Learn the skills necessary to win.
5. Cross-examinations that Win (1 hr.)
This is the scariest moment of trial. Learn from the masters how to successfully cross-examine a witness and force him to answer your questions every time.
6. Closing Argument: Victory Lap or Turning Point (.5 hr.)
Examine fascinating closing arguments and see how great trial lawyers persuade the unconvinced jurors at this critical moment in the trial.
7. The Final Turning Point: Appellate Oral Argument (1 hr.)
Many cases are won not on the briefs, but at oral argument. Learn secrets by examining oral arguments of great appellate lawyers such as Alan Dershowitz.